Saturday, February 27, 2010

Reiki as the calm during the storm

Today, while going through some personal adversity, I turned to Reiki to calm myself. My heart was racing and my thoughts focused on the worst aspects of my situation. I went and grabbed what I call my "Reiki cheat sheet", this contains notes I have on healing and the Reiki symbols. I find constant review of the symbols aids in my "digesting" of them, much in the way I still practice my martial arts basics on a regular basis. The keys to all are in the basics! I cleared my head and accessed the universal Reiki energy. In doing this I envision and experience an opening in my crown chakra that brings energy down through the heavens. It's akin to a cloudy sky suddenly opening up to reveal a bright sun behind. I've never spoken to other practitioners about this so I'm not sure it's the same for them. My actual experiences with energy work precede Reiki, however my attunement made the access and process much more refined and powerful. From there I decided to draw the Reiki power symbol (cho ru kei) on my heart chakra. My heart was hurting and I felt it could use the draw of power. On top of this I drew the harmony symbol (sei hei kei). Sei Hei Ki helps with emotional and mental harmony. In this case I needed purification and protection. Finally, to bind this all, I drew the distance symbol (hon sha ze sho nen) in the air. "Distance" in this case doesn't mean physical location, rather it refers to time. My hope is to heal not only the future but the past as well.

When I first started the healing I was rather cold and had just put on a sweater. Within 60 seconds of completing my final symbol I was burning hot and had to strip down to my teeshirt. I could feel a flood of healing an calm descend upon me. Did my troubles suddenly disappear? No, not completely. However, what did transpire was the actualization that everything can and will be ok. My worry turned into acceptance. My pain subsided to an unaffected level. I was able to carry on normally and centered.

Just a short Reiki story that was very powerful to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment